Monday, June 28, 2010

Mornings here are overcast gray regardless of rain. It gets really sunny about 2-3 in the afternoon then it is gorgeous right up until about 1 a.m. with bright sunshine! lov'n it. It stays around 51-56 degree but today by 2 p.m. it has hit 62, beautiful, dry weather. Even with the rain yesterday my joints don't ache like they do back home with dampness/rain. Sweet!
I am frustrated that not much is coming together in regards to the land project. But it has only been a little over a week....just gotta go with the flow. Should have just done another road trip. Instead I got the ATM card things squared away...oh yeah...as we opened an account about a year ago I never activated the ATM card. I thought once here I'd take care of it...well...I looked everywhere for the original pin and code they had sent....couldn't find it. I knew I had put it somewhere as to find it easily....hahha...couldn't find it sooo..into the bank I go...as she is asking for verification of account I took out the check book and low and behold there was the paper nicely folded and tucked into the back of the checkbook...duhhhh...somewhere in the packing I was organized after all..just didn't remember...
did some grocery shopping for the few things we needed at the cabin and just wandered around driving side road and what not.
I did get to meet up with another fellow from City Data who has so graciously offered to take me with him and his wife for a float down the Kenai river soon! yahoo! this should be great fun...he says every trip he and his wife have made they see as many as 10 bears....fingers crossed that soon I will have pictures of bears to share.

I finally got the phone number of the surveyor who did the original surveys of the land around the lake. Go figure...it came from a fellow from City Data as he and I have been PM'n each other for about a year off and on. Seems the two go to the same church...so I phoned at 10 a.m. this morning and left a message asking him to phone and what for. Haven't heard back. First off I am told NOT to phone people early morning here as no one moves before 10 or 11 a.m.! things get done at night when the day is the best. 
Sure wish Dan was with me to take road trips with...we have so much fun together just riding around exploring places. I also miss that he drives and I just have to pop outta the vehicle to take pictures. So much quicker with a driver!! 
I did go an extend my time for the rental car an got the same price with unlimited mileage....yeahh! might even venture to Anchorage! Have to make the Homer trip first for lunch with a someone. Might do that this week.
Still in awe of the beauty of the scenery. Today the ocean air was really noticeable. Something about the clean fresh air here and add the ocean into the mix and it is heaven. 
Arrived back from my touring around and friends of my SIL/brother stopped over...really great people...they have bought land and built on the big island of Hawaii...saw pictures and wow....hey Dan...Alaska in the summer...Hawaii in the winter?? they paid $17,000 for 3.5 acres!!! land is going cheap right now!!!
  While riding around I saw a moose limping across the road in a bunch of house so I drove down for a closer look. As you can see the moose has two hoofs that are seriously overgrown so she is walking fun...appears to be an old moose at that...

No comments:

Post a Comment