Sunday, July 24, 2011

yesterdays boat excursion to Seldovia Alaska

woke to a drizzly/rain morning....
I know all you lower 48er's are gonna really dislike me for this
it has not gotten above 56 degrees today.
cold, crisp, clean air, just like late fall weather back home in MA!
beautiful!
I took an excursion tour to Seldovia yesterday....
what a gorgeous fishing village!
lots of carving as they have a carving contest every year so
there are many through out the town.
It rained all day but was still a fabulous time walking around


 gull island....check out all the birds there are hundreds of types
birds that nest here
 tufted puffins


 elephant rock...as you go around the rock the elephant
raises his trunk in greeting
 starting to lift his trunk




raised trunk!!!






 visitors center in Seldovia...wish I could have spent more time in here
and sure do want to come back to hike and camp the trails
out of town...beautiful country








 the little micro garden are gorgeous...check on the link to the right
to see all of my photo's of the whole trip...lots of pages









  sure did miss having my hubby to walk and explore so many many places these
last few weeks....can't wait until we sell the dang house an move here
permanently! 
I so want to do the train trips but resisted last year and
this year as I want hubby to be with me to enjoy the trip too. 
We both fell in love with train travel when we did a train trip thru
Sweden and Norway years ago.
well this is about it folks for posting on this trip
I am doing the long haul from Homer to Anchorage tomorrow
then flying home on Wed night.
It takes all day to post one/two blogs here in Alaska even with resizing the photo
with blows!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to post, they are wonderful pictures and really do make me a little jealous!!!Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete