Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The final shots of my excursion north towards Anchorage

The final shots of my excursion north towards Anchorage...Portage Glacier...on the road into the Glacier area

No that is not water....it is SNOW! does not leave this area at all during the summers few months


Turnagain Arm tunnel leaving the Portage Glacier area

I had forgotten (last time I drove this was 1981) that from on up was all along the water...you can see some of the traffic in the lower right hand corner....click on all images to enlarge for better views
Tide was out so lots of mudflats...and the kind you do not walk on as it is like quicksand, many have died by getting sucked in and then the tide comes in an bye bye...

I am getting close to the outskirts of Anchorage and this is as far into the city as I want to venture soooo....looking for place to get off and head south again.
Now all who know me well as saying..."what??? Bon not going into a city???" as they know I love cities....but..ehhhh...I like OLD cities for the wonderful old architecture mixed with modern.
I was just not into city trip this time, maybe if snooky was with me....ahhh oh that's right he hates cities!! Missed on this trip snooky and all trips for that matter.
 
you can see all the houses dotting the hillsides...it's a bit blurry as this was when I just held the camera up and shot pictures!! too much traffic!
hahaha not many came out as I have never done this before. the thing in the bottom of the photo is the car door edge with the guardrail just above it.
whew...turned around and headed south...back to the semi-wilderness....

No comments:

Post a Comment